Friday, July 24, 2009

Miraculously Morning


Where: Solterreno, Vall de Laguar, Spain
When: July 2, 2009
What I Like: The colors, how close the photo is to how I remember the morning, the fact that the furthest (and most photogenic) mountain isn't centered.
What I Don't Like: It's a combination of three photos, which is fine because it was the only way to get the full spread of the rays, but I can't post the full length version here. Also, the noise is frustrating in the larger version. I'd like to try printing it large, but I suspect the noise will make it unprintable.

This morning on the Heath, it felt like my eyes were seeing more colors than I am normally able to detect. It was overwhelming on a broad scale, trying to process the absurd, HDR-esque range shouting through the clouds, trees and fields, but even individual blades of grass and drops of dew were displaying a staggering spectrum of color. I didn't have my camera, which I'm actually happy about. I don't think anything I could have taken would have approximated the experience, and anyway, it would have distracted me from all the glory.

1 comments:

Evil Pixie July 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Wow! What a fantastic shot!

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP