Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Next project




Where: Home
When: October 2011

This scarf exists because I am incapable of entering a yarn store without buying something, apparently. I had gone in with a very, very specific yarn in mind, in a specific quantity, and I had picked it out and was waiting for the yarn to be wound, and congratulating myself on only spending $6 this trip... and then I started touching things, and disaster struck, because I touched THIS yarn, which is an amazingly soft and delicious and squishy baby alpaca, and I before I knew what had happened I was walking out the door with FOUR skeins of it. Sigh.

Originally I was planning on knitting the scarf, but I recently learned how to crochet as well, and I came across the pattern which seemed both good looking and relatively simple, using double crochet stitches, so I decided to give it a shot.

I kind of wish that I had decided to do one more row, and I think it actually wouldn't be that hard to add one on with the crochet pattern... I'll have to think about it, I decided to stop because I didn't really want to use more of the yarn for this, I wanted to save enough for a hat! So I think I'll do the hat first, then see how much yarn I have left and maybe try adding another row. I blocked it yesterday (my first attempt at blocking), but I think I wasn't bold enough with the stretching or the wetting, as it didn't really do much in terms of making it wider, although it did make it a bit longer.

I've already used the scarf, and it is quite decadently soft and warm, so overall I'm quite pleased!

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP