Monday, June 14, 2010

Stand Out


Where: Highline Park, NYC
When: May 30, 2010

Whoops! It's been a while since I posted, not sure how that happened. First week of clothing experiment has gone swimmingly. The heatwave broke, so I wore my pair of jeans more than I thought I would, but that was fine. A couple of things I noticed:

1) I take much better care of my clothes when I don't have very many of them. The jeans, skirts and other reusable items got folded and/or hung after use, instead of tossed on the floor.
2) Getting dressed was still fun, but easier and faster.
3) There was FAR less laundry. Easily 2/3rds less than before. I apparently used to have a clothing change 2-3 times a day (this is the only way I can explain this phenomenon, I don't actually remember this happening ever), and then reused nothing and just tossed it into the laundry basket or on the floor, resulting in a mountain of only trivially dirty items to spend energy (mine and the planet's) washing for no good reason.

So I'd say, all around, this has been great. I think I'll reduce the number of shirts - I didn't wear all of them, and one that I wore I realized I didn't really enjoy wearing all that much.

1 comments:

Laura June 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

I'm so glad this is working for you! I'm stuck between the need to purge and the face that my weight fluctuates too much for me to be willing to pitch everything. I'm really curious to see how this turns out.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP