Saturday, June 19, 2010

More of the Tiny House in a Landscape

Ages ago I posted a picture of a cabin on my in-laws' property, which is currently a storage shed, but which had been lived in by the original owner of the house while the house was being built. I sent it over to Kent Griswold at Tiny House Blog finally, since he has a weekly "Tiny House In A Landscape" feature, which is what inspired the shot.

Anyway, he decided to include it this week! Hooray! And there have been some questions - how is/was it heated? Are there floorplans and interior views? etc. I am going to see if I can find out about the heating question, I suspect the answer is a stove of some description, I do not believe there are any floorplans, and I did not take any pictures of the inside, as I think just contains, um, well, gas powered sharp things and other items that one would tend to keep in a shed.

I do have some alternative views, however - this one is from the back, and as you can see, there is a door here as well for some reason:

house

This one is really more atmospheric than useful, but again from the back and side:



More of the side - the windows above look like they may belong to a loft? And the siding may be cedar shingles, perhaps? I'll ask.



And one more from the front, because it's all dramatic and that's fun:

2 comments:

Walt Barrett June 20, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

Very nice!
Walt Barrett

Anonymous July 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

So lovely. I long to do the same and while looking and searching I came across your site. Thanks for showing me that this dream can come true. I hope to do this with my husband in order that I will be able to take care of my mother. Her house is huge, but it's true what they say about two women in the same house, or cooks in the kitchen, lol.
elise

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP