Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tiny House In a Landscape


Where: Leverett, MA
When: December 28, 2009

I love this blog: http://tinyhouseblog.com/ because I like to pretend I could live in a really cool tiny house some day, and they have a "Tiny House In a Landscape" feature every week, so that's what inspired this. It's on my in-law's property in MA, and is not actually lived in (although it was when the main house was being built). I thought the clouds were spectacular. It was taken shortly after "Snow Blown", with the last light of the day after a delightful snowfall.

4 comments:

ADRIAN January 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Gwen, this is a stunning image. The countryside suits you. a light in the window and it would be perfect.

ADRIAN January 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

The light in the window is a five minute job in Photoshop.

Evil Pixie January 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Gorgeous shot. Photographers rely too heavily on Photoshop nowadays, so it's nice to see you didn't go there.

Anonymous January 14, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

I like that you let the white balance go blue and exposure go towards 18% grey (both are usually bugaboos when shooting snow landscapes). That sets a less lived-in tone for the cabin among the trees and makes the sky a stronger presence in the composition and less about negative space. The warmth in the clouds is a nice bonus.

-moy

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP