Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The way that can be spoken of is not the true way

The way that can be spoken of is not the true way
Where: West Side Highway, West Village, NYC
When: September 30, 2009

One of my flickr contacts commented on this, "not really feeling this one. what' is the subject?", this morning just after I posted this, and I've been thinking about my answer all day.

I think for me, the subject is the path, in a literal and metaphorical sense. The feel of the shot reminds me of the pulling back before a decision, that point when you know the way forward, but don't want to take the first step because there is so much to fear in committing to a decision, fear about not knowing where that decision is taking you, fear that here are other paths that will be closed forever as a result.

The point of view and angle of the shot, and the section of the path in focus brings my attention to the place where I would place my foot in the first step.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP