Wednesday, October 7, 2009



I'm having trouble coming up with titles today, so I'm leaving them blank for now.

Where: Hudson River Park, Tribeca
When: October 3, 2009

What I Like: I like a lot about this one - I like the lines, the repetitions of the chairs and tables - it could almost be a set of mirrors, they are so similar - and how well the subject lends itself to black and white. It's why I took it, I thought it would convert well, so I'm pleased to be correct.

What I Don't Like: I wish I had moved to the left, to get more chairs and reflections, and less of the non-reflective/shallow section on the lower right. I cropped out more of the reflection on the lower left than I really wanted to, because I felt like the shallow bit detracted and wanted more of it out of the shot. I also think it would have been more effective to get the left-most table and chair set more in the shot, rather than half out of it, as that's where I chose to have the focus - I think it was the correct choice, but as it's technically the subject as well, I think there should be more of it.

1 comments:

ADRIAN October 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

All good images, but I agree with you the DOF is distracting, while I'm on the leaves or whatever in the first picture could do with cloning out. I like the pebbles and leaves nice contrast and simple too.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP