Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Golden Arches (17/365)

Golden Arches (17/365)
Where: West Village, NYC
When: Today

No meditation today - I had a massive, horrible headache that kicked in right after class. I'm not a headache person, normally, but this was blinding, I was actually nauseous and dizzy just sitting up. It's subsided now (yay headache medication!), although still present enough to make me feel a little sick looking at a computer screen, but I'll see if I can fit in a short sitting before bed.

Update: I did end up sitting before bed, and I'm really glad I did. As soon as I sat I realized that my heart was pounding faster and harder than usual, I assume because of the headache medication I had to take, which included caffeine. But the time spent gently noticing what my body was doing, and reminding myself that feeling things I associate with anxiety doesn't mean I am actually anxious, allowed me to sleep better - I think if I had just tried to sleep right away, I would have started to create stories about why I felt nervous, and would have forgotten to just sit back and watch my breaths come and go.

2 comments:

ADRIAN October 6, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Glad you managed this post. Great are grasses.

Gwendolyn October 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

I can't seem to get enough of photographing grasses, they might be my favorite subject ever. The movement, the way they catch the light, the graceful shapes, it's just never ending.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP