Monday, October 12, 2009

Fire Engine What? (23/365)

Fire Engine what? (23/365)
Where: My building, West Village, NYC
When: Today

Man, today was weird - I decided to walk around with my 85mm lens instead of the usual love of my life, the 50mm, or slightly less usual but still common 20. And I learned that my brain has completely forgotten how to see the world at 85mm, it was a disaster.

I lucked out with the colors on this one, but come on. This comp sucks! Weak sauce. Now I can't decide if this means that I need to force myself to walk around with the 85 for three weeks so I remember how to see things at 85 (this used to be my FAVORITE lens), or if I should just give it up and go back to my beloved.

In the mean time, is there a different crop that would salvage this? I don't have a choice on the chopped off top of the brass, which maybe isn't terrible since the subject is obviously the red caps... maybe continuing the cut-off on the left border? The problem is that I can't quite define why I don't like it. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them!

1 comments:

Evil Pixie October 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

I love the colors in this photograph, Gwen. Fantastic.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP