Monday, October 3, 2011

Apple picking

We went apple picking last weekend! And I have a new lens to play with, so that made it even more fun. It's the Nikon 35mm 1.8 - I'm enjoying the new focal length, and it's proving to be quite a good walk around kind of lens, it served me well this trip for the detail shots, portraits, and a few landscapes. I'm quite pleased.

There were many, many apples:


Some rain - not too much rain, but just an occasional drizzle:


And a seasonal chill in the air, which made the hot mulled cider and apple cider donuts even more satisfying. We had both a pre-picking cider and donut, and a post-picking cider and donut - it's important to keep up one's strength in this kind of situation:
20111001-DSC_0018

The drizzle made hats even more necessary, which always improves the hat-wearing experience:
20111001-DSC_0025

A great time was had by all! It was my last outing before this baby decides to make an appearance - I'm not sure I want to be hours from the city in the next several weeks!

Oh, and I worked on this during the car ride:
DSC_0005

Baby bootie! It turns out that attempting to crochet, when you have only just learned how to crochet, is made far more difficult in when in a moving vehicle, because there's a lot more bouncing than one might expect.

1 comments:

Unknown October 3, 2011 at 7:37 PM  

Really enjoyed this series! A new lens is always a huge occasion for me and another excuse, as if I needed one, to go out shooting. THE BOSS (my wife) knows that I learn by trying settings and pushing buttons to see what happens, only resorting to the manual when something goes wrong!

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP