Thursday, May 5, 2011

2/2: Coming Up


Where: Highline Park, NYC
When: May 5, 2011

It was such a beautiful, blustery spring day today, it made me miss running. It was too nice to stay inside, so I hobbled down to Chelsea to see what was blooming in the Highline Park. There's been a new water feature installed, which was a surprise, and it looks lovely as well.

I think I've figured out a walking posture that works - if I widen my stance so that the outside edge of my feet stay in line with the outside edge of my hip (I'm used to walking fairly base-narrow, my feet swinging in almost in front of each other), and concentrate on activating my glute muscles with every step, I do much better, so I was able to get there and back with very little pain. I also enjoy that the level of concentration required makes it like a little walking meditation every time I try to go anywhere. I was exhausted by the end though, and slept heavily all afternoon, embarrassingly enough.

No cooking tonight, we've decided to go out with a friend. Last night's meal was delicious though, and ridiculously easy, I think the longest part was the bread, and that was largely because it took 14 minutes to preheat the oven. Dave coached me through the salmon, and I think I now feel confident enough to do it on my own next time. Part of me wants to tackle homemade ravioli next, but that might be a little ambitious. But I LOVE ravioli. We'll see.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP