Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fly Away

We went in a helicopter! With NO DOORS!! Look how excited we were about this:



Here are some of the things we saw:


That was as we were approaching the NaPali Coast which I posted a picture from the other day. It really looked liked this, as we came up over the ridge, from terrain that had been rather harsh and desert-like, the coast nearly glowed, it looked like a backdrop, or a set.

Looking back up the coast:


You can see in the upper left where the helicopter...um... wing? Blade? got into the photo. Dave very patiently removed this from one of the other pictures, but I don't have that much patience, sadly.

Oh and just to be clear:



NO. FREAKING. DOORS. So awesome! I spent some time in the beginning testing the seat belt to see whether and where it would lock when I leaned forward. Once I knew where that was, I felt much comfier.

More pictures to come, although I'm still going through them trying to decide which to post, and this week is going to be really busy, so it may be a couple of days.

3 comments:

ADRIAN September 22, 2010 at 3:51 AM  

Thought you had bought a helicopter. I was right.
I've always fancied doing what you have done but it's a bit on the expensive side here.

Anonymous September 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Very cool shots!

Gwendolyn September 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Thanks guys - Adrian, we didn't buy a helicopter, I wish! We just rented seats in one for an hour. Still pretty expensive, but so, so worth it. One of the best experiences of my life so far.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP