Friday, August 27, 2010

First Morning


Where: Diamond Head Beach (the beginning of it, anyway), Oahu, Hawaii
When: August 18, 2010

We got up absurdly early thanks to jet lag, and were able to walk along the sea wall up to this gorgeous beach. Here's another shot I took along the way:



These are Plumeria flowers - they are everywhere, and I picked up two completely perfect examples off the ground. They are traditionally used in leis.

And another:


I really wish I had had my other lens with me, as I could have done lots of fun stuff with them - the backs of the petals were beautifully outlined in pink. I thought I would have plenty of time to revisit the subject, but that ended up not being true.

The sea wall was interesting - apparently all the beaches on the Hawaiian islands are public. So all of the oceanfront homes in this area had a sea wall sidewalk outside of their fences, and we were able to walk almost all the way around on the water to the beach in the first picture. As you can see, many sections of the wall had steps or a ladder down to the water. Some sections were in better repair than others, so it got a little dicey and we detoured to the road for a bit. But still, what a wonderful resource.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP