Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Land I Grew In


Where: Bradford, VT
When: November 7, 2009

The view from the house I grew up in, where my parents still live. That is the Connecticut River, and New Hampshire. The snow-capped mountain is Moosilauke.

One excellent side effect of the relatively disastrous climbing day Sunday of last week was that I got to see my parents one more time on Monday morning, and I also got to see my younger sister and give her several hugs. Today is her birthday, I wish I could be up there. Dad made waffles, and the weather is apparently lovely so they are going to set up the hammock.

They are also (re)engaging in the Sisyphean task of clearing out years of accumulation from the sheds, which have recently been outfitted with beautiful doors and windows, so I'd love to help with that too, you never know what you'll find in that kind of effort. I wonder if our old Castle Grayskull is still in there...

2 comments:

ADRIAN May 24, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

gorgeous countryside

Gwendolyn May 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Indeed. You can see why they decided to call it "New England" - it's highly derivative!

Forgot to mention that the title was also from Hem's "Half Acre", but I'm sure you got that reference already.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP