Friday, January 8, 2010

The search for Christmas

The search for Christmas
Where: Leverett, MA
When: December 28, 2009

Ok, so I'm a little late. But the image reminded me of a children's book I grew up with, but can't remember the name of, maybe someone can help me out? There's a little girl who lives in a cabin in the middle of the woods, and she doesn't know what Christmas is. So she goes off into the snowy woods and runs into a dog and a cat and a bunch of other animals, asking them what Christmas is, and they don't know but kind of want to, so they join her. They finally find a green glass bottle, and decide that it must be Christmas. Sound familiar to anyone who's not me?

UPDATE: My mom remembered the book - it's "How Six Found Christmas", by Trina Schart Hymann. It is really lovely, the illustrations are wonderful. Here it is on Amazon.

2 comments:

ADRIAN January 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

Gwen, can't help but it reminds me of Toad fishing. Toad as in 'Toad of Toad Hall'. The book could well have escaped export as it doesn't translate well. Google it.

Gwendolyn January 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

OH yes I remember Toad! I feel like I had a few books detailing his adventures separate from Wind in the Willows, but I could be wrong (or it could have been a different Toad). I remember particularly one story where he really wanted some mail, so his friend sent him a letter, but gave it to the snail to deliver so it took forever.

In case you didn't see the update to the post, my mom remembered the book - it's "How Six Found Christmas", by Trina Schart Hymann. It is really lovely, the illustrations are wonderful.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP