Thursday, November 5, 2009

In Defiance of Differentiation (47/365)

In Defiance of Differentiation (47/365)
Where: My Apartment, NYC
When: Today

"Which one is over there? Which one is myself? Only when you do not differentiate forms, suddenly not a single dust is established, not a single recollection is produced. Discern that even before the pregnant womb and after your skin bag, each moment is astonishing radiance, full and round without direction or corners, discarding trifles."

- Cultivating The Empty Field: The Silent Illumination of Zen Master Hongzhi

I think this photo project is becoming increasingly good for my mental health. Spent most of the day in bed, feeling like I did in the early months of mono, depressed and lethargic for that and other reasons. Finally grabbed the camera with a sigh and a feeling of obligation, but the focus on expressing the emotion of this "astonishing moment" led to me being able to let it all drop away. I'm also surprised by how increasingly comforting and helpful I find the zen readings. I enjoy them when I'm feeling good, but they help me find the way through when I'm not.

2 comments:

Katy Weber November 6, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

I LOVE THIS PHOTO... Who is it? This would be amazing blown up!

Gwendolyn November 6, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Thanks! It's me! Just really fuzzy. I thought it would fit the feeling I was trying to get across, and match the quote better, and plus I hate pictures of me.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP