Monday, November 9, 2009

Even the weariest river

Even the weariest river
Where: Bradford, Vermont
When: November 7, 2009

Title from a passage from Swinburne's "Garden of Proserpine", that I ran across in a newspaper years and years ago, and have kept in my wallet ever since. I recently realized it was there again just after one of the zen talks I had been going to, and was amused by how closely the sentiments parallel each other.

"From too much love of living,
From hope and fear set free,
We thank with brief thanksgiving,
Whatever gods may be
That no life lives forever;
That dead men rise up never;
That even the weariest river
Winds somewhere safe to sea."

(As an aside, I am immensely frustrated at the moment by how much information is lost in the re-sizing/uploading process. The trees actually have detail, I promise. Sigh.)

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP