Friday, November 13, 2009

Apple Crates

Apple Crates
Where: Haverhill, NH
When: November 7, 2009

This was neat, it's a farmstand type thing that sells apples and apple based products. It was fun wandering around the crates and talking to the guys that worked there - I learned that apple crates are very very heavy, and therefore probably pretty hard to upset so I don't know where that phrase came from, and I got to see the new back porch they had to build extra sturdy for unloading new crates. And I got to learn what a "utility" is - it's an extra big bag of apples that aren't pretty enough for the regular bags, but are otherwise just fine.

I wish I had been brave enough to take pictures of these guys, they had such wonderful, interesting faces - you know those faces that just look lived in? But I was too shy. So instead I asked them lots of questions about apples.

1 comments:

Pearlie Mcilvaine January 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM  

Those apples look yummy! Those guys you talked to are correct; industrial apple crates can be very heavy. That is because they are designed to store large batches of apples and other fresh produce in bulk.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP