Saturday, October 3, 2009

You're fading out (14/365)

You're fading out (14/365)
Where: Hudson River Park, Tribeca, NYC
When: Today

The title's kind an inside joke. I had a great aunt who would, when phone conversations started to go in a direction she didn't want them to, say "you're fading out!" and then hang up, so it became a family phrase. I think it's an excellent strategy - I don't see why it only has to apply to phone conversations. There are plenty of in person conversations I'd love to fade out of.

Meditation today was short and scattered. My thoughts had a vise-like grip on my "self", and getting into an observing position was basically impossible. I was surprised by how non-frustrating I found that. Instead of getting all bossy with myself, I just made myself sit for the allotted time, and let things be what they were.

1 comments:

ADRIAN October 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Nowt wrong with looking after number one.
The image is great and so is the title, turning a blown image into entertainment is bloging at it's best.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP