Monday, October 5, 2009

Someone Else's Heart (16/365)

Someone Else's Heart (16/365)
Where: Chelsea, NYC
When: Today
Title from Regina Spektor, "On The Radio". I was so delighted when I saw this I laughed out loud, sent waves of loving thoughts to whoever thought to do something so whimsical in wet cement (seriously, how much better than the usual illegible signature silliness is this??), then dropped to my knees to get the right angle. This being NYC, no one around me even broke stride.

Meditation today was technically fail, as I didn't sit on a cushion, but I did spend most of my afternoon being as aware as possible of my breath, which became a sort of walking/working meditation while I walked the dog and cleaned the house. In shiatsu, we were learning about the Metal organs, Lung and Large Intestine, and shallow breathing is a sign of a weak or imbalanced metal element. Since it is essential to a healthy immune system, in the Eastern tradition, and since I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, I decided breathing deeply, rather than in my usual shallow, hurried fashion, couldn't hurt.

Oh, here are the rest of the lyrics around the title line - it's such a lovely song, she's got the most beautiful, bell-like voice:

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't

You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made

And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood

And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP