Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pulling In (19/365)

Pulling In (19/365)

Alternative crop:
Pulling In (19/365 - Alternative crop)
Based on a suggestion by Sergio Lopez (http://yelokehay.blogspot.com/). At least, I'm hoping I understood his comment correctly. I like this crop much better, actually.

Where: 23rd St. Station, Chelsea, NYC
When: Today

Hm. I don't know about this one. I had another one which might be better/more universally appealing, but it felt like a safer (and therefore boring) choice. With this one, I like the lines, the colors, the shadows, and the diagonal split between the blackness and the light. It's definitely not my favorite though. It's not "pretty", and that bothers me. I like pretty.

I meditated today, ever so briefly but it happened. During the walk with the dog I got tired, so I sat on some steps by the water and meditated for about 10 minutes, much to Piper's confusion. As usual, though, she rolled with it and just sat down next to me until I was done. It became clear to me during the meditation that I really need to find a sangha and a teacher, I need some structure and guidance. I think I'll check out the Village Zendo this weekend.

5 comments:

ADRIAN October 8, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

these are smashing thanks

Gwendolyn October 8, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Thank you Adrian - I needed that boost today! Hope things are going well in the Mother Country.

Sergio López October 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

The idea was good, not only by the composition, also by the contrast, but in my humble opinion the result would be better if you had gone over the vanishing point (coinciding with the rule of three thirds).

Greetings

Gwendolyn October 8, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Thank you for the feedback Sergio, I really appreciate it! I've tried a different crop, and I'm going to post it here in addition to the original. I think it's much better than the original, what do you think?

ADRIAN October 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Gwendolyn,things could be a whole lot worse. Spent three hours out and for a reason that escapes me shot twenty plus images about four stops over. the good news is still have enough for a post today. Shoot and post the same day is a good discipline I find. Still prefer the first. If I were cropping again would have come right down to the light. You have to put these away for a week, then make your mind up. Your mother country is fine, will pass on your regards.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP