Friday, October 30, 2009

Pathetique Punt (41/365)

Pathetique Punt (41/365)
Where: My apartment
When: Today

Oh man, total punt today. I was running around like crazy, and did not have a second to play with the camera until now. BUT part of the reason I was running around was that I was on Camera Quest 2009!! Which, like any good quest, ended up being rather epic - my friend and I anticipated an easy stroll to B&H, but it was closed! Oh no!

So then we found two other places she knew about, one of which had excellent customer service, but did not have the items I wanted to see (I'm thinking about a P&S to make this project a little easier on the days I don't want to carry my D80). The other had such terrible customer service I went "you know what, nevermind", and walked out.

Then we went to J&R, who had two of the cameras I could play with, but neither in stock... and it turned out that I hated them both. BUT, when, dejected, we started to leave, we decided - what the hell, let's look at the SLRs, and I got to play with a D*90*, and oh my goodness I got HEART PALPITATIONS people! The speed! The pretty huge LCD screen! The NOISE - I took a shot at 2500 iso, and saw LESS noise than I get with the D80 at iso 800. Oh man. So I think the result is that I am giving up on the P&S quest, and instead getting myself a new SLR body. (squee!!)

3 comments:

ADRIAN October 31, 2009 at 2:21 AM  

Like the photo. Shouldn't be let out on your own, good job it wasn't a Cannon that got you in a tiswas, had to buy new lenses as well.

Splatter November 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Haha - Gwen, the 90 is the one I keep looking at too. Isn't it all kinds of sexy?

Gwendolyn November 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

It is awesome - I gave in and got it, and I couldn't be happier about that decision.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP