Saturday, October 31, 2009

Out With The Old

Out With The Old
Where: Hudson River Park, NYC
When: October 31, 2009

Taken with a Nikon D90, biatches! Woot! I did literally nothing to this, I didn't even crop it. So far, I'm loving the enhanced speed, the improvement on the noise front is blowing me away, and I feel like the colors, sharpness, and IQ are tremendously improved. Another big deal is that I almost always disagreed with the D80's meter about what the "correct" exposure should be, and pretty much had settings in my head and ignored the meter - I had learned about what the settings SHOULD be for the light and what the meter was telling me was a little tangential. The D90 and I are so far very much in accord, however, and I'm very excited about the prospect of being able to rely a bit more heavily on my camera's abilities.

This is not to say that the D80 is a bad camera, I learned SO much from it, and got some great shots. I'm certainly not throwing it out. ;) But three years is a lot in camera land, and holy crap is the D90 a whole different deal.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP