Friday, October 16, 2009

Must I Arm Myself

Must I Arm Myself
Where: Hudson River Park, Chelsea, NYC
When: October 14, 2009

When I first posted this, I had a cranky, defensive little blurb in anticipation of disagreement with my choice of black and white for this subject. But then I couldn't think of a title, so I left it to work on my 365 shot of the day.

When I came back, Prayer, sung by Sweet Honey In The Rock (an a cappella group led by a member of the Freedom Singers during the Civil Rights movement) was playing, and as I reread what I had written, I realized how hilariously, and aggressively defensive it was. So this title (from the lyrics of that song) seemed appropriate.

"Lord must I do unto others
before they do unto me
Must I arm myself
to protect myself
from harm and injury
Oh no that is not the lesson
that I learned on my mother's knee
when she told me to do unto others
only what I'd have them do unto me"

As always, agree, disagree, and express yourselves at will, my friends.

1 comments:

ADRIAN October 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Missed this one, I'm saying nowt! It's definitely one of yours. Composition and DOF spot on. I find them, not disturbing, that's too strong, uneasing? it's because they lead from bottom left.
Now where did I put my colouring in stuff?
Cheers

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP