Sunday, October 11, 2009

Don't Wake The Beast (22/365)

Don't Wake The Beast (22/365)
Where: My apartment, NYC
When: Today

Yeah, I know. Total punt. I'm sorry. I'm exhausted, was at the zen center from around 9 till almost 3pm - it was great, the meditation was wonderful, I learned a lot, and got to sit in an interview with one of the teachers there. I'm excited about practicing there, I'm going to try to make it once a week, in addition to daily practice, which I now feel more dedicated to.

Three 30 minutes sittings today, with walking meditation (kinhin) in between - my shoulders are sore, but my head feels clearer. I really needed all that time to get my brain to settle, I feel like I had a lot of things to work out and come to terms with. For the first time I think ever, when the bell rang to end the second zazen sitting, I thought "No! Wait! I'm onto something and I'm not done yet!" but I was able to finish the thread in the next sitting, and then spent the majority of it just being present, which was lovely.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP