Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Traffic on the Hudson

It's been a busy day on the river! We came back from bagels and coffee to a speed boat race:

Speed Boat Race

Speed Boat Race

Then we started to get a little nervous...

More French Destroyers

Those are two French warships. This one has been cruising the river all week:

French Destroyer

Then we all relaxed a bit, as clearly, the pirates are on top of the situation.

Pirates

But then things got tense again as we heard some booming, and appeared to be under attack!

Under Attack

But I think it was actually just fireworks.

Finally, a cruise ship sailed in - those are always such a shock, as from our perspective they look like they could swallow all of Jersey City.

Cruisin'

So it's been an exciting day! Now I'm waiting for the sunset... I may never leave this apartment, there's way too much entertainment on offer.

2 comments:

Evil Pixie September 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I love, love, love the photograph that is second to last. It looks like an old-time postcard.

Gwendolyn September 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Thanks Pixie - that's also my favorite of this set. I almost saved it so it could have it's own post, but it I decided it added to the story so I included it there.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP