Monday, September 7, 2009

Pier Parts

Pier Parts
Where: Hudson River Park (I think is what it's called, I could be wrong), West Village, NYC
When: September 2, 2009

This isn't quite what I wanted - I had this image in my head of nothing but silver water accented with black pier posts, but the sun had moved too far by the time I got there, and I was so blinded in this attempt (I had to completely guess at the camera settings, because I couldn't see my meter) that I haven't tried again. And maybe the path of light is more interesting, compositionally, than nothing but shining water. We'll find out eventually - blinding light is too tempting for me to resist for long.

I like the way some of the light points are like little starbursts. That's from cranking the aperture as small as it will go, which I did in the hopes of getting precisely that effect. Love it when a plan comes (mostly) together.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP