Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ours Is Not To Reason Why (11/365)

Ours Is Not To Reason Why (11/365)
Where: Hudson River Park
When: Today

"Ours is not to reason why
Ours is but to do and die"
--Alfred Lord Tennyson

At some point this morning Dave and I started talking about dogs and how they probably don't ever wonder why anything happens. For example - getting dressed. How bizarre an activity would a dog think that is?? Except that they wouldn't, because for a dog, life just is what it is, until it's something else. I mulled this over during meditation, and decided that my new project is to try to notice every time I see something and analyze it, every time I automatically fill in a reason behind what's in front of me, and to try to pull back and just let it be what it is.

4 comments:

ADRIAN September 30, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Too good for one a day, superb.

Gwendolyn September 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Thank you Adrian! I'm very excited about a large chunk of the shots I got today.

And also, what are you doing up?? It's the middle of the night over there! I loved your reflection shots - in fact, the whole Wales set is so great. We never got out there while we lived in London, totally criminal.

ADRIAN September 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Life's too short for sleeping. Glad you had a productive day.

Richard October 3, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

gOOd!

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP