Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tilt


Where: Solterreno, Vall de Laguar, Spain
When: June 30, 2009
What I like: the colors, the curving stems below the flower head, and the grass in the background looks painted.
What I don't like: I'm not sure, but it feels fairly bland to me, which is why I've hesitated to post it in the past. I both like and dislike the washed out colors. I think it would have popped more if I had a less shallow depth of field, so the back part of the flower head could also be in focus.

2 comments:

Evil Pixie August 18, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

I love how soft this photograph is... ethereal. The background is a nice touch. It almost looks like falling petals.

Gwendolyn August 18, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

Oh thank you! Yeah, I don't know why I waited so long to post it, I just didn't like it for a while. I spent some dedicated time composing the shot to get the background as it is, so I'm glad the time paid off!

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP