Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Set My Spirit Free


Where: Queen Mary's Gardens, Regents Park, London UK
When: April 18, 2009
What I Like: I like the desaturated post-processing, it gives it an antique, moody feel, and I LOVE the texture on the petals - it looks like brush strokes, and that and the shallow DOF creates a feeling of movement in an otherwise static subject/image.
What I Don't Like: I actually really love this one, I don't think there's anything I'd change. It's funny, when I first uploaded it, I kind of dismissed it and thought it was pretty boring, but now that I'm looking at it again, and in a larger size, there are so many little things about it that I like.

Title from Arcade Fire's song, My Body Is A Cage, which I happen to be listening to at the moment. I love this song, it reminds me of an incredibly intense moment when I was 16, where for the first time I fully grokked how LIMITED my experience is to this one perspective. I felt utterly trapped in my body, and there was this sensation of my self crashing against my ribs, wanting to explode out and infuse everything around me so that I could see and feel what everything else was seeing and feeling in that moment.

I still have moments like that, it scares me sometimes that no matter how well I know some of the people in my life, I can only know the shallowest part of what they experience, so that in some ways they may as well be complete strangers, with behaviors and reactions that are impossible to predict.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP