Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Glow in the Dark


Where: Queen Mary's Gardens, Regents Park, London UK
When: April 18, 2009
What I like: The textures, and the glow of the whites, the composition
What I Don't Like: If I had my computer with Lightroom, I'd take another look and figure out what aspect of the editing is causing the slight halo effect around the white tulip.

Feeling dark but hopeful today, so this picture seemed appropriate. My friend's child recently had a bad accident - during a game he took an elbow to his forehead, which resulted in a fractured skull. He has had to have surgery to insert a titanium plate, and frequent CAT scans to be sure there isn't any hemorrhaging, and is in a lot of pain. He is an amazing child, sensitive, caring, intelligent, funny and absurdly talented. My friend is one of the best mothers I know, and Ashley is proof of what a wonderful job she's done.

The prognosis is excellent, and the most recent report very encouraging. I can't imagine being in her place, she is such an amazingly brave person. I spoke to her at 4 in the morning her time, and she was calm and collected, her priority at all times to project confidence to Ashley, while also being completely honest with him about what was happening. They are both remarkable people, and I'm thinking about them constantly.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP