Friday, August 7, 2009

Catching Crickets

Got 'em
Where: Bradford, Vermont
When: The Before Time, in the Long Long Ago. Otherwise known as September 12, 2008. I'm running out of material here, bear with me.
What I like: The depth of field, and the pose
What I don't Like: Kind of wish you could see the top of the net, might make it more obvious what's going on. But maybe that's not necessary.

Well, a new camera may or may not be necessary. Got the quote back from the repair place, and they seem to think that I'll need to replace the sensor to fix the hot pixel issues. Which they also seem to think will cost 460 POUNDS STERLING. Given the original estimate of 65 quid, this was a bit of a shock. It is also, conveniently for them, nearly the cost of a brand new D90, which they also happen to sell. This is convenient for me too, cause I'd LOVE a brand new shiny camera. But I still haven't decided whether I just want to go for the D90, or if I want to go for the D300. I'm not 100% convinced on the benefits of going for the D300 over the D90 - the D90 has a lot of the same features, and is smaller and lighter. Hrm.

Having just had an enormous sum of money spent on me for my birthday, however, I'm thinking I'll just suffer with the occasional hot pixel and the annoying noise levels until the end of the year, and take the time to do some research and figure out exactly what I want.

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP