Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let's Not Be Shy

Let's Not Be Shy
Where: Queen Mary's Gardens, Regents Park, London UK
When: April 18, 2009
What I Like: The color!! I get complaints from my husband when I post too much black and white, so I try to balance it out when I can.
What I Don't Like: DOF is too shallow, should have stopped down enough to get the entire tulip in focus.

Another Ani DiFranco lyric title, from her song "Shy". It's hard to grab a section of lyrics from this song, the whole thing is great and the story flows so well, but here's the bit with the post's title in it:

and you'll stop me, won't you
if you've heard this one before
the one where i surprise you
by showing up at your front door
saying 'let's not ask what's next,
or how, or why'
i am leaving in the morning
so let's not be shy

1 comments:

Evil Pixie July 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Ooooohhhhhh... I love the colors in this photograph. Great shot! I like how you isolated the single tulip but left enoug definition in the foreground to not make the isolation look almost like one of the those vignette shots.

Followers

About Me

My photo
New York City, United States

About This Blog

This is my first blog attempt. It hasn't been kept up over the last year, for some reason being pregnant really ate into my creativity, and I picked up the camera very rarely. I am thinking about starting it up again, but am not sure what direction to take it in.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP